Sunday, December 21, 2008

Sorry for the Delay!

So I have not been good at keeping up with the blog and that is because of several reasons:
1) it is too darn cold in our basement where the computer is so I don't spend too much time down there.
2) By the time Grace goes to bed I am beat and can't function enough to update.
3) Every night for the past week I have been timing contractions hoping that they continue to come at the constant rate they are for them to only stop coming and leave me still pregnant!

Things are going well in the Vrieze household. If this baby waits until after Tuesday to come I will have made it full term (37 weeks)! So far no issues with my blood pressure or anything like that. I am beginning to show some signs of having some issues but nothing that anyone is really freaking out about. For the past week I have had pretty strong contractions and on Friday I really thought I was in labor with how painful they were all day long but then they went away and come back sporadically. I am ready to be done and am hoping that I don't have to live like this for another 2 weeks before my c-section.

Grace is growing like a weed. She had a follow up assessment with the Physical Therapist last month and it was determined that she was still behind so we had to start going every other week again. However, in that time Grace has made incredible strides and is really catching up. IN fact I think my child just knows how to work the system so she can play with all the fun toys the PT has.

Grace is now 2 years old. ITs hard to believe that she is 2, it seems like just yesterday we were holding a newborn baby! Now she is 2 weeks away from being a big sister. She sleeps in her big girl bed (an air mattress on the floor) like a champ and is even beginning to climb onto the furniture on her own, which will be nice after the c-section.

See my next post for pictures. These pictures will be from the summer until now. Hope you enjoy and please forgive me if I don't get on here again until after the baby is born. I will post pictures ASAP when the baby is born I PROMISE!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Welcome back!

I love the picture of Grace sitting on the baby. Of course it won't be so funny if that really happens.

Good luck on the new baby. I know what you mean about work stress. It's like they make you EARN your maternity leave.
I actually had people mad at me, because they had to cover my work. nice.