Tuesday, October 21, 2008

How Embarrassing!

So yesterday I took Grace in for a simple check of her SMO braces. (The ones she wears on her feet.) By the way that child screamed and carried on you would of thought I brought her in for amputation without sedation. The dr. had no more than opened the door and she started losing it. She has never done this before so I couldn't figure out what was going on, all this dr. does is touch her feet to take shoes, braces and socks off but Grace can not handle it at all. Whether she is in my lap or not, whether I am the one who is taking the stuff off or not, she just can't handle it. Best part the appt. is no longer than 10 minutes long. As soon as we walk out of the room she is happy as a clam! I felt so bad for the dr. and I kept apologizing for her actions but I also couldn't help laugh because it all seemed to so ridiculous since we put shoes and socks and braces on everyday and there are no issues with it! The only thing I can think of is she doesn't like Dr.'s with bald heads!

I had my 28 week appt. today. All is looking good, I got the lovely privilege of doing the glucose test today, the nurse in the lab gave me the drink and I drank it fast "and she said boy you must really want to get this over with!" I said, "no sense in prolonging the inevitable!" Then one hour later she took my blood and I was off to see the Dr. My blood pressure is still looking good but I am not getting my hopes up yet as problems with my pregnancy with Grace began to happen between 28 and 32 weeks. I will start going every two weeks now until delivery just so they can keep an eye on my blood pressure. I also had the privilege today of getting the flu shot, which I have never had before and was quite painless, and also the Rhogam shot, for those of you not familiar with this my blood is Rh negative so I need to get this shot so my blood doesn't attack baby if she is Rh positive. I felt like a pin cushion but I am done for a little while now with the poking and proding, next comes the Strep B test and then then spinal for the C-section!

3 comments:

Lucas said...

we might be in town tomorow morning. It depends on how my mom is feeling. I'll let you know later.

Lucas said...

ahem. ahem. ahem. pictures. ahem.

Jennie said...

Yikes! That's waaay too much pricking there. I didn't realize you were RH negative.

Joss flips out now at the doctor's too. I'm hoping she forgets before the next time we take her for shots!