Thursday, April 3, 2008

My Child is What?

So if you read my post below you will see that I made mention of a nurse at our Dr. appt. on Wednesday. I am not sure if this nurse doesn't know much about kids or was just trying to be nice.

She had to do a weight and height check on Grace. So since they don't have a non-standing child's scale she had to weigh me holding Grace and then me. I told the nurse she was about 22 lbs and the nurse did her math and Grace was 22 lbs. Her comment was "Wow what a big girl!" So then we go back to the room and she measures Grace and she is about 31" long. She again exclaimes how big Grace is and says "so what is she wearing 24month clothes?" I really had to hold back my laugh. I kindly told her no that Grace was still wearing 12 month clothes. She then proceeded to tell me that it must just depend on the brand. I just kindly nodded and thought in my head, would you like ot come look at the closet and the dresser and see what size clothes we have in there? But i refrained.

Never since day 1 has anyone told me that Grace was a big girl, its usully just the opposite.

1 comment:

Lucas said...

What? Sounds to me like Grace is a little peanut!!
and also that nurse needs to learn some bedside manner. what a weirdo.
Good luck with everything! I'm not sure when we'll be in Ona next, but I"ll let you know.