Monday, January 7, 2008

New Year's Resolution

So one of my New Year's Resolutions was to get better at blogging. I barely ever write on here and am sure that people have stopped reading by now. So hopefully some will come back and see what is happening in the Vrieze household.

Last week at PT the therapist gave Grace an assessment for her Gross Motor Delay. As I had suspected Grace is at about the level of a 9 month old. So this weekend Grace decides that she is going to start doing some new things. I am almost 100% positive that she went from laying down to sitting up this weekend. Even though I never actually saw her do it I am pretty positive that twice when I left the room she was laying down and when I came back she was sitting up!!! Then Sunday morning Scott put her behind her walking toy and she took a stroll across the living room, mind you the living room is not all that big but she still walked and we didn't have to hold the walker so it didn't go to fast! I guess all Grace needed was to be told she was behind to get her butt in gear. Or else they were all flukes and she won't do them again for a while!

I also have to let you nkow that I am a little concerned about my child's pain threshold. We discoverd over the past month that most of her teeth have decided to all come in at the same time and unless myself or grandma hadn't stuck our fingers in her mouth we would have never known! Thats really got to hurt. But then the poor girl bumps her head and cries I just do'nt get it!

Well I hope that everyone had a great Christmas and New Year and that you are able to hold to any resolutions you made.

2 comments:

Chelsey said...

Good resolution. We look forward to hearing more about Grace. I hope our teething goes as smoothly when we get there.

Jennie said...

Yeah!!! More blogging!!! :) So, it looks like Gracie is as behind on her gross motor's as I am on house keeping. I'm honored to keep such company.

All the best to my favorite Vriezes!