Wednesday, June 18, 2008

We're Having a Monkey...I mean baby!

Yesterday was my first OB appointment. It went really well and I LOVE the nurse practitioner we saw, she is awesome and I am looking forward to working with her through this! She answered all of our questions and even had other info to give. Asked me about how the meds were working and if we needed to up them and I asked if we could up them and she put me on a whole different med and can I say that ZOFRAN is the WONDER DRUG! I have felt like a normal human being all day and have only had to take one pill. I am trying to hold out on taking another one, which has been no problem at all so far, until this evening.

At our appointment yesterday we also had an ultra sound done, I guess they routinely do them at the first appt. now. It was an internal ultrasound which is not the most comfortable but you get a good picture of the baby. One of our pictures we got was a close up of the baby's face and I think it looks like a monkey. Now Scott hates it when I call it a monkey but I kid you not it looks like a monkey. If I can get it to scan in a way where you can see it I will post it to the blog.

All is looking good and baby is measuring right on. The NP said she was going to watch me like a hawk since my Pre-eclampsia started at 29 weeks before that gives me greater than 50% chance to get it again.